My, my, how time does fly! It's been almost 12 months since I renewed my Arkansas RCP license. I went to http://www.aarc.org/ to make a quick check of my CEUs and found that I am short by 4 ceu's and my yearly requirement is 12. That's not good enough 'cause I usually try to get at least 20 CEUs. My aim is to learn more and refresh more than just what is required! Hope there are others out there that feel the same way.
Puritan Bennett offers free, accredited online continuing education courses at http://www.puritanbennett.com/educ/onlineed.aspx
Passy Muir offers 5 Wonderful CEU's that are FREE http://www.passy-muir.com/ceu/
which I highly recommend. Some of the programs offerd are:
1. Ventilator Application of the Passy Muir Valve
2. Assessment and Placement of the Passy Muir Valve
3. Dysphagia and Improving Swallow
4. Pediatric Issues and Application of the Passy Muir Valve
Respironics offers many (6) FREE CEU's at http://elearning.respironics.com/ again I highly recommend these as well. Some of the programs offered are:
1. NPPV Across the Continuum of Care
2. Respiratory Monitoring: Principles and Clinical Application of Volumetric Capnography
3. Capnogrpahy Principles and Clinical Application
4. Clinical Application of Ventilator Waveforms and Trending
5. Noninvasive Ventilation in the Home
6. Cadence(tm) Self-Breathing System
I'll be adding more links as time passes so keep checking back or subscribe to my blog.